Friday, March 26, 2010

Wood Class Update...

Where oh where does the time go? With only 5 weeks of this semester left, students are starting to think about finals and wrapping up their semester projects. Finally I finished my bench that I've been working on in Carpentry class.

I really had great hopes for this bench. You know, it would be the nice little piece holder when you walk in the door- throw your keys down, toss the mail on it, and kick off your shoes. Well, I don't know what the heck to do with this dwarf of a bench. It IS big enough to hold my phone.


But really, what do I need an entire bench to hold my phone for? Plus, I'd have to bend down awfully far to get it, not very convenient. I certainly can't sit on it, I mean, I might be good, but not that good, this 'bench' is just too small. I certainly can't stand on it, I'm not sure I trust the glue enough for that. If there's any ideas out there for this one, let me know! Otherwise I'll just continue to admire it from above.

I did finish another project in class the other night. I kind of pulled this one out of nowhere, found some cedar in the scrap pile and pulled this little guy together. I know it's not much, but oh does it add to the ambiance of my fabulous 125 year old apartment.

Don't look to closely though, I still need to stain it and sand down the edges a bit. But it still works, space for three little tea lights. Not really sure what to do with it, but I think it's pretty cute still.

So what's next you ask? I have big plans to make a bowl (well, a basket really) in the remaining four classes that we have. I'm not sure how that's going to work out, but do stay tuned so I might impress you!

No comments:

Post a Comment